Sometimes it feels like Parking and Transportation Services is out to get us when we park on campus. As college students, we can’t afford to pay for huge parking tickets on our own campus.
- We want to create a program through Parking and Transportation Services that allows students to bring in canned-food items (or other listed donation items) to supplement the price of their first parking ticket on campus.
- We would assign dollar values to each item and students would bring them in to supplement their ticket cost, while the donated items would be given to local shelters in the Austin community.
- Program would be offered for one week at the end of each semester.
- How do we fund it? Increasing permit costs by less than $1 a year would supplement the costs of this program.
- Request that Parking and Transportation services publicize where student ticket fees are used.