Our campus uses a ton of resources that could easily be re-used in order to reduce our ecological footprint. Where do we start?
- Work with the Department of Sustainability to create an initiative that collects all plastic and aluminum products used at football games and recycle them.
- Increase the number of recycling bins on campus to a minimum of 1 per floor in every single building.
- Include recycling and environmental consciousness for freshmen at orientation as well as a topic that is covered by all Residential Assistants.
- Creating an Agency in Student Government designed to oversee sustainability initiatives throughout campus. Their first priority would be working with the Department of Sustainability to increase the use of purple pipes.
- Purple pipes use (filtered) reclaimed water to aid in the campus air conditioning systems as opposed to filtered drinking water. This would aid in reducing our ecological footprint in addition to reducing our energy bills.
- Advocating for the creation of an External Appointment to the Department of Sustainability as to create a student liaison to administrative efforts on sustainability and conservation.